Heavy rains along with massive increase in covid cases is leading to fearful conditions for all.Though, irrespective of age everybody enjoys the rainy season, But this is also a season of illness and along with covid, it is worsening the condition.
So make sure you eat nutritious & healthy diet to stay safe.
* Drinking water can lead to gastrointestinal disorders. The season also sees the onset of waterborne diseases such as typhoid, diarrhoea and jaundice.
* Respiratory problems also can be aggravated. People may experience problems in breathing due to extremely humid air. High level of humidity also leads fungal growth, which can lead to
allergies like allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma and bronchitis. Due to the change in weather, people are more prone to viral fevers.
So what can one do..?
Nutritious foods are essential to build up resistance so keep some simple tips into your mind:
* Diet should be packed with nutrients & multivitamins. Salads and fruits of different kinds should be part of meal.
* Eating out is not advisable at all, especially if it is street food. It could be unhygienic and easily contaminated.
Try to eat freshly cooked food. If stored in the fridge, warm before eating.
* Ensure that vegetables and fruits are thoroughly washed. Leafy vegetables and cauliflower may contain larvae and worms, also dirt and mud so try to avoid.
* Drink 8-10 glasses of water. Boil or filter the water before you drink.
* Those who like their cup of tea can add mint, ginger or dry ginger. This helps detox the body & soothe the stomach.
* Fats & carbohydrates should be eaten in the right proportion. Avoid oily and deep fried foods.
*Vegetarians should include proteins in their diet through dal, milk and milk products & soya products. Moong Dal is ideal for this season as it is easily digested.
*Non-vegetarians should avoid red meat & go for lighter items like soups and stews.
*Spices like garlic, pepper, asafoetida (hing), jeera, turmeric and coriander help enhance digestion and improve immunity.
* Add ginger in the form of ginger tea (with milk) / ginger lemon tea / ginger juice along with honey.
* Garlic can be consumed raw or in fresh soups, chutneys and vegetables.
* Turmeric milk / Honey with turmeric or in the form of decoction (kadha) adding ginger/ black pepper / tulsi / honey and turmeric.