Union Education and Skill development & Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan today announced that the 6th edition of Prime Minister’s Interaction Programme with school students, teachers and parents “Pariksha Pe Charcha 2023” will be held on 27th January 2023 at Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi conceptualized this unique interactive program – Pariksha Pe Charcha wherein students, parents, teachers from across the nation and also from overseas interact with him to discuss anxieties related to examinations and life after school. The event seeks to help in overcoming stress in order to celebrate life as an Utsav. This event was organized successfully for the last five years by the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education.
ForPPC 2023, Students, Teachers and Parents have enthusiastically participated in big numbers from State Boards, CBSE, KVS, NVS and other Boards. Registrations have more than doubled this year compared to the year 2022. About 38.80 lakh participants (Students- 31.24 lakh, Teachers – 5.60 lakh, Parents – 1.95 lakh) have registered for PPC- 2023 compared to about 15.7 lakh for PPC-2022. Students from over 150 countries, Teachers form 51 countries and parents from 50 countries have also registered for PPC-2023.
The programme is proposed to be in townhall type format, as in the year 2022, while adhering to the COVID-19 protocols, as determined by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India from time to time. An online creative writing competition was conducted at https://innovateindia.mygov.in/ppc-2023/ /on various topics between 25th November and 30th December 2022 to select participants (school students of classes 9 to 12, teachers and parents) on a bouquet of themes mentioned below:
Themes for Students
1. Know your freedom fighters (हमारीआज़ादीकेनायक)
2. Our culture is our pride (हमारीसंस्कृतिहमारागर्व)
3. My book my inspiration (मेरीप्रियकिताब )
4. Save Environment for future generations (आनेवालीपीढ़ियोंकेलिएपर्यावरणसुरक्षा)
5. My life, my health (अच्छास्वास्थ्यक्योंज़रूरीहै?)
6. My startup dream (मेरास्टार्टअपकासपना)
7. STEM education/ education without boundaries (सीमाओंकेबिनाशिक्षा)
8. Toys and Games for Learning in Schools (विद्यालयमेंसीखनेकेलिए खिलौनेऔरखेल)
II. Themes for Teachers
1. Our Heritage (हमारीधरोहर)
2. Enabling Learning Environment (सीखनेकेलिएसमर्थवातावरण)
3. Education for Skilling (कौशलकेलिएशिक्षा)
4. Lesser Curricular Load and No fear for exams (पाठयक्रमकाकमभारऔरपरीक्षाकाकोईभयनहीं)
5. Future educational challenges (भविष्यमेंशिक्षाकीचुनौतियाँ)
III. Themes for Parents
1. My child, my teacher (मेराबच्चा, मेराअध्यापक)
2. Adult Education- Making everyone literate (प्रौढ़शिक्षा– सभीकोसाक्षरबनायें)
3. Learning and growing together (सीखनाऔरएकसाथबढ़ना)
About 2050 participants selected through the creative writing competitions on MyGov will be presented with a special Pariksha Pe Charcha kit comprising of Exam Warriors book in Hindi and English, written by Prime Minister and a certificate. Some of the questions by the participants, to be selected by NCERT, may feature in PPC-2023.